At the core of the Institute lies membership, and we currently have 5000 Individual members and 300 Organisational members.
The Institute’s strategic objectives are to:
- Develop and increase membership.
- Champion and promote fundraising.
- Set standards and promote best practice.
- Support, develop and nurture the effectiveness of all fundraisers.
- Initiate, resource, develop and promote new fundraising products and techniques.
Started in 1983 by a group of fundraisers getting together, sharing their problems and resolving to tackle them by working collaboratively, the Institute was founded as The Institute of Charity Fundraising Managers, changing its name in 2002 to reflect the growing profession.
The Trustees are pleased to present their report, together with the financial statements of the charity for the year ending 31 March 2011.