*FULLY BOOKED* Fundraising Skills - Corporate Fundraising (Management Level) (31-Jan-17 & 1-Feb-17)
Date: Tuesday 31st Jan to Wednesday 1st Feb 2017
08:45 Registration and coffee
09:00 Course start
17:00 Course finish
09:00 Course start
16:30 Course finish
This course includes refreshments and a lunch of vegetarian and non-vegetarian sandwiches.
Venue: IoF Office
This two day course gives participants the understanding, knowledge and tools to create an effective strategy for corporate fundraising (CFR) and to develop and manage complex corporate partnerships.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for participants with a minimum of 2 years fundraising experience. To gain maximum benefit from this course you should have a minimum of one year of practical corporate fundraising experience.
Benefits to you and your organisation:
Attending this course will help ensure your corporate fundraising operation is well planned, managed and operated effectively and most importantly of all, is maximising corporate income for your charity.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Develop a corporate fundraising strategy and identify the role CFR plays in the overall business plan
- Develop or improve your account management strategy to create innovative win-win partnerships
- Understand the strategic issues which impact upon corporate/charity partnerships
- Understand the mechanisms appropriate to corporate fundraising required to maximize income
- Appreciate the strategic issues in relation to corporate fundraising research
- Have in depth understanding of the proposal and pitching processes involved in winning CFR partnerships and the skills required to make them successful
- Understand the range of options for structuring a corporate fundraising department
- Have knowledge of the legal and tax issues relevant to corporate fundraising
- Appreciate the key ethical issues in relation to corporate fundraising
What’s covered on this course:
- Charities and the corporate sector – data and latest trends
- Managing corporate fundraising mechanisms
- Product promotions
- Creating innovative partnerships
- Corporate fundraising strategy
- Corporate fundraising department structures, CFR skills and the role of CFR in a charity
- The application and pitching processes
- Account management strategy
- Legal and tax issues
- Ethical issues
There will also be a short piece of homework to be completed on the evening of Day 1.
About Your Trainer:
Valerie Morton FInstF(Dip) has been a fundraiser for over 30 years. She has extensive experience of the whole range of fundraising 'products', having held senior positions with charities such as YMCA England, NSPCC and RNIB. SHe now combines running her own fundraising and management consultancy with being a non-executibe director on an NHS board and an approved trainer and assessor for the Institure of Fundraising. Her passion for corporate fundraising began at NSPCC and is a frequent aspect of consultancy work. Valerie is the Editor of the Institute of Fundraising/DSC book 'Corporate Fundraising' now in its' 4th edition.
Prices: £305 IoF Individual members, £365 non-members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of 2 weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 0207 840 1020