Fundraising Skills - Trusts Fundraising (Practitioner Level) (30-Jan-17)
Date: Monday 30th Jan 2017
Time: 09.45 Registration and coffee
10:00 Course start
16.30 Course finish
Venue: IoF Office
There are around 9,000 grant-making trusts in the UK worth around £4bn to the sector. Having a full understanding of trusts and foundations, the grant application process and what trusts are looking for means that you can write a request that really stands out. This course teaches you all this, and gives you the professional techniques to write effective, confident requests
Who should attend:
This course is for people with a minimum of six months’ fundraising work experience, either as a staff member or as a volunteer, and for those who wish to develop skills to work with trusts and foundations.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify sources of data and research on grant making trusts and foundations in the UK and understand trends in giving – to whom and why
- Understand how to comply with best practice and IoF Code of Practice
- Use research efficiently to target which trusts are likely to support your cause
- Produce a case for support in the appropriate format for your projects or activities
- Understand the essentials of an effective application
- Review and evaluate your success and make recommendations for the future
What’s covered on the course:
- Setting the Scene
- Trusts and foundations in the UK – role and significance, legal forms, regulation and best practice
- Trends in giving; to whom and why
- How and where to find trusts
- Which trusts are likely to support your cause?
- Case for Support
- Building your case for support and the Case in action
- Writing the Application
- Form-filling or letter-writing?
- Format, style, terminology
- Submission; Assessment and Follow-up
- Preparing for assessment
- Following-up the application
- Celebrating success or learning from failure
About Your Trainer:
Gill Jolly FInstF(Dip) has over 25 years experience in the charity sector working as a fundraiser, manager, director and trainer of fundraisers and support teams with a wide variety of sizes and types of organisation. She now runs her own consultancy and works with not-for-profit organisations across the UK and Europe providing a wide range of bespoke fundraising and management consultancy services. Gill has worked with the IoF since 2000 delivering fundraising’s professional qualifications and leading courses on strategy, management and implementation.
Prices: £205 IoF Individual members, £259 non-members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of 2 weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 0207 840 1020