MASTERCLASS: Legacy Fundraising for Heritage Organisations - Cambridge
Date: Thursday 26th Jan 2017
Time: 09:45 - Registration
10:00 - Start
17:00 - End
Location: East Anglia
Venue: Sidney Sussex College - Cambridge University
This masterclass workshop builds on the fundamentals of legacy marketing that are covered in the original Giving to Heritage Legacy workshop. It is designed to help delegates develop expertise in this area by focusing on specific tactics and techniques as well as providing insight into successful ongoing legacy management and crucially how to train volunteers and other stakeholders in having a legacy conversation.
Who Should Take This Workshop?
This advanced workshop is designed for more experienced fundraisers as well as previous attendees of the Giving to Heritage Legacy workshop. It is also ideal for those who have actively starting marketing legacies and are looking to develop this and take it to the next level.
On completion of this workshop, it is expected that delegates will be able to:
- Understand the latest research into who leaves legacies and why.
- Discuss why the heritage sector is generally not strong on legacy giving and where there is scope for growth
- Utilise the most appropriate and effective tactics to promote legacy giving
- Integrate the legacy message throughout the organisation
- Steward legacy supporters appropriately
- Manage legacy income in order to maximise value
- Train volunteers and other stakeholders within the organisation in how to hold an effective and appropriate legacy conversation.
Outline of Content
The core topics are:
- Recap of who gives and why with a focus on the most up-to-date research findings
- Specific tactics:
- Promoting legacies online
- Running legacy events
- Legacy direct marketing
- Experiential legacy fundraising
- Bringing the above together into integrated campaigns
- Getting internal buy-in – how to implement a successful legacy strategy in your organisation.
- Stewarding legacy supporters and the legacy supporter journeys
- Legacy management – the basics (i.e. maximising the value from gifts left in wills)
- Talking legacies – one-to-one legacy fundraising and training volunteers and stakeholders in how to hold a legacy conversation.
We strongly recommend that you bookmark the Training and Events Calendar for further Heritage related workshops and other learning opportunities.
The workshops on the Giving to Heritage programme are heavily subsidised by the Heritage Lottery Fund as and a result cost just £20 per person per workshop.
Giving to Heritage course fees can be taken by ONLINE payment only via credit or debit card and all fees are non-refundable; if you are unable to attend on the date booked please ensure your place is taken by a colleague.
Please note: places on Heritage Workshops are strictly limited to those actively involved in a Heritage group or organisation. They are NOT open to Consultants.
All bookings are actively monitored to ensure only individuals representing Heritage organisations benefit from the training opportunities provided by the Giving to Heritage programme. If you are in doubt about your eligibility to attend please contact the Team on 0207 840 3791 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details please see the Heritage Programme booking terms and conditions.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 0207 840 3791