Corporate Fundraising (Practitioner Level) (18 & 19-Jul-17)
Date: Tuesday 18th to Wednesday 19th Jul 2017
Time: Day 1
09:00 Registration and coffee
09:30 Course start
16:30 Course finish
08:45 Registration and coffee
09:00 Course start
16:30 Course finish
This course includes refreshments and a lunch of vegetarian and non-vegetarian sandwiches.
Venue: IoF Office
This two day course covers the basic knowledge and tools needed to carry out corporate fundraising within a charity. You will develop the relevant knowledge, skills, techniques and confidence to enable you to successfully research, negotiate and manage corporate partnerships to the benefit of charitable causes.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for participants who are new to corporate fundraising (CFR) but have a minimum of one year’s work experience in fundraising (in either a paid or voluntary capacity).
Benefits you and your organisation:
This course will help you to feel confident to win and manage corporate partnerships for your charity and to maximise the benefits from each relationship.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the general principles of corporate fundraising and the corporate environment
- Use a range of fundraising mechanisms appropriate to corporate fundraising
- Understand and apply methods and best practice for managing the core CFR mechanisms
- Use research methods relevant to CFR and have knowledge of appropriate sources of information
- Apply practical tools to help you develop new business including presentations and written proposals
- Understand the basic legal and tax issues relevant to corporate fundraising
- Understand how to manage corporate relationships effectively within your organisation
This was a fantastic course for me as I am just beginning to focus on Corporate Fundraising. I learnt a huge amount and the interactive nature of the course meant I learnt a lot from other peoples' experiences..." Sheila Pym, Finance Manager, Creative Arts East
What’s covered on this course:
- General principles of corporate fundraising
- Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice
- The range of corporate fundraising mechanisms
- The features of each mechanism
- The benefits of each mechanism to companies and charities
- The corporate environment
- Corporate Social responsibility
- The role of research in corporate fundraising
- The range of research tools
- Sources of information
- New Business
- Making contact with companies
- The role of the first meeting
- Homework – presenting your charity
- Managing corporate fundraising mechanisms
- Charity of the Year
- Payroll Giving
- Presentations and written proposals
- Legal and Tax issues
There will also be a short piece of homework to be completed on the evening of Day 1
About your tutor:
Valerie Morton FInstF(Dip) has been a fundraiser for over 30 years. She has extensive experience of the whole range of fundraising 'products', having held senior positions with charities such as YMCA England, NSPCC and RNIB. She now combines running her own fundraising and management consultancy with being a non-executive director on an NHS Board and an approved trainer and assessor for the Institute of Fundraising. Her passion for corporate fundraising began at NSPCC and is a frequent aspect of consultancy work. Valerie is Editor of the Institute of Fundraising/DSC book 'Corporate Fundraising' now in its 4th edition.
£310 IoF individual members
£370 non-individual members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of two weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions apply.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 0207 840 1020