Leadership Skills (Small Charities only)
Many people make the mistake of thinking that leadership is something that only very senior people have to consider. In fact, leadership is a key skill that every manager needs to master.
Now updated to include information on transformational leadership and goal translation this course will help you to develop your leadership skills and use them to provide direction for your team. The course also includes how to manage cross-functional teams and write effective mission statements.
Leadership Skills enables learners to:
- Think about what it means to be a manager in your profession
- Understand the three levels of management and apply them in practice
- Recognise the main leadership styles and judge which approach to take in different situations
- Differentiate between goals and objectives and understand how they relate to one another
- Translate the goals of the company as a whole into individual "SMART" objectives
- Use ongoing performance criteria to manage their team more effectively
- What is management?
- What are the three levels of management?
- Who is a manager?
- What is organisational structure?
- What is leadership?
- What are the main leadership styles?
- What makes an effective leader?
- How can leadership styles help me?
- What is goal translation?
- Why do we need goal translation?
- What are mission statements?
- How do we write good mission statements?
- What are goals and objectives?
- How do we write good objectives?
Ongoing performance criteria
- What are ongoing performance criteria?
- What are accountabilities?
- What are standards?
- What are competencies?
- What are personal development plans?
This course is designed to appeal to both those that manage others or who wish to develop management skills as part of their personal and professional development.
Those who are new to management or are preparing to take on a management role will find that this course provides an understanding of the leadership skills they will need to progress and how to develop them.
More experienced or senior managers will value the opportunity to spend time refreshing or developing their leadership skills.
Cost: £30 (Please note this training is ONLY available to small charities with an annual voluntary income of £1 million or less. Organisationas with an annual voluntary income of more than this should access the online learning through the IoF Academy online).