The Giving to Heritage training workshops are for any member of staff, volunteer, committee member or trustee from a heritage or community group with responsibility to develop and deliver fundraising activities for a heritage/conservation project or organisation. You do not need to be a member of the Institute of Fundraising or of the Heritage Alliance.
Each are face-to-face one day workshops which are run in locations across England and thanks to Heritage Lottery funding are subsidised to the cost of just £20 per person per day. We can also run in-house workshops on a topic of your choice (from the topics below) specifically for your organisation, group or wider heritage network. For more information click here.
These workshops will give you useful fundraising tips, techniques and guidance from trainers with extensive experience of working in charities.
The workshops are all delivered by an Institute of Fundraising trainer; a heritage expert will also be available when possible to provide a heritage perspective.
Please note, during the booking process you need to register for the IoF website, but this doesn't mean you need to register for IoF Membership.
Previous participants have said:
The training has been really worthwhile. Practical advice is given and you can relate the theory to the reality of your own project due to the skill of the trainers and the course content."
These sessions are fantastic for people working in the sector. The low cost means that even if the organisation cannot afford to send a staff person, it is good value for them to pay for themselves. I have participated in significant training over the past 21 years and found the session I attended terrific."
Following the news in March 2016 that the Heritage Lottery Fund have backed the programme until August 2017 a new schedule of training events has been produced. We are taking bookings for:
- Heritage Fundraising Planning: Putting Your Strategy Into Action
- Creating a Case For Support For Your Heritage Organisation
- Corporate Partnerships for Heritage Organisations
- Major Donor Fundraising For Heritage Organisations
- Legacy Fundraising for Heritage Organisations
- Securing Support for Your Heritage Project from Grant-Making Trusts & Foundations
- Digital & Social Media for Heritage Organisations
- Understanding Fundraising: The Roles & Responsibilities of Trustees in Heritage Organisations
- Crowdfunding for Heritage Organisations and Utilising Your Network for Fundraising
- Measuring, Communicating & Sharing the Impact of Heritage Organisations to Funders
- Structuring Your Organisation for Fundraising
Find workshops near you!
|North West||Yorkshire||East Midlands||London||South West|
|North East||East Of England
||West Midlands||South East|
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to be added to our newsletter to keep you up to date with the Giving to Heritage programme.
What will you gain by attending?
- A new perpective on the fundraising environment
- Useful fundraising tips and techniques
- Guidence from practitioners with extensive experience of working in charities
- Greater understanding of potential fundraising opportunities
- The confidence to develop a bespoke fundraising plan and strategy