Applications for 2017 now open!
The London Region Mentoring Scheme 2014 - 2016
Are you looking to develop your career through one-to-one guidance and support from a senior fundraising professional? Or are you a senior fundraising professional looking to share your experience and skills with the sector?
What is the London Mentoring Scheme?
The IoF’s London region mentoring scheme is a unique opportunity for mentees to access fundraising expertise tailored to their individual development needs, and for mentors to develop their management and leadership qualities. Here are 10 good reasons to be a mentor, written by a current mentor on the scheme.
Mentors are required to attend a full day of mentor training and a full day of matching. Mentees are required to attend a full day of matching. Dates for these can be found under the dates and deadlines header.
The mentor/mentee relationship lasts 12 months, with mentor/mentee pairings to meet regularly in London - usually around two hours per month. The dates and times of the mentor/mentee meetings are to be agreed between each mentor/mentee pairing.
- Mentors: You must be a member of the IoF to apply as a mentor
- Mentees: priority will be given based on need and especially to those that have little or no support in their role
Dates and deadlines for 2017
There are three intakes in 2017. Please note that application deadline apply.
- Matching day - 23rd March 2017 (Mentors and Mentees must attend full day)
- Mentor training day - 6th April 2017 (Mentors must attend full day)
APPLICATION DEADLINE - 5PM ON 9th MARCH 2017
- Matching day - 15th June 2017 (Mentors and Mentees must attend full day)
- Mentor training day - 29th June 2017 (Mentors must attend full day)
APPLICATION DEADLINE - 5PM ON 1st JUNE 2017
- Matching day - 28th September 2017 (Mentors and Mentees must attend full day)
- Mentor training day - 12th October 2017 (Mentors must attend full day)
APPLICATION DEADLINE - 5PM ON 14th September 2017
Before completing an application form
Mentors and mentees are required to ensure their availability for the matching day (full day). Mentors are additionally required to be available for mentor training (full day). Applicants will not be able to take part in the scheme if they are unable to fulfill this requirement.
There are no fees associated with this programme
- Mentors MUST be members of the IoF to take part in the scheme.
- Mentees SHOULD be members of the IoF.
It is acceptable for applicants to have one of the following membership types:
- Individual membership
- Organisational membership
- Corporate membership
The first year of IoF Individual membership is being offered to successful mentors and mentees applicants at the reduced rate of £80 (usually £123).
Before completing an application form, it is advised that potential applicants read the materials in the below links.
How to apply
Please select the appropriate link below to apply online.
Do not hesitate to contact the London Mentoring team at LondonMentoring@institute-of-fundraising.org.uk if you have any further questions.
Please be aware that due to the high levels of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants.
We still need any help you may be able to give in identifying mentors - Please register your interest, if you would like to take part.
From 2014 - 2016 The mentoring scheme was expanded thanks to generous support from the City of London Corporation’s charity, City Bridge Trust .