GDPR: The essentials for fundraising organisations
On 25 May 2018 the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into effect in the UK. This will replace the current Data Protection Act and introduce new and different requirements for all sectors and organisations. To help fundraisers understand the key parts of GDPR in relation to direct marketing and how you can lawfully contact your supporters, we have produced guidance in partnership with Bircham Dyson Bell to take you through the main questions.
This short guide will help you:
- Understand how you can communicate with supporters
- Get to grips with Consent and Legitimate Interest (opt in vs opt out)
- Ensure you are acting fairly and lawfully
- Think through how to go about making some key decisions and getting this right for your charity
- Signpost to further advice and information
Daniel Fluskey, our Head of Policy and Research, has written more about the guide and how charities should prepare for the changes here.
In partnership with:
Be GDPR ready - Data protection seminars for fundraisers
If you are looking to be GDPR ready - sign up for one of our seminars in multiple regions across the country, taking place throughout June and July!