It really has never been more important to be able to show employers that you take your role in fundraising seriously – and that you want to advance in your career – and we know that fundraising can be a lonely job.
Individual membership of your professional body can help you in many ways...
How will you benefit from membership?
These are just some of the many benefits of being a member of IoF:
- We can help with your professional and personal development through the IoF Academy – members receive discounts on all training and qualifications.
- You can build up an excellent network of contacts and fellow fundraising professionals through our network of National, Regional and Special Interest Groups.
- We will give you free guidance and support through our policy and information help-lines, as well as through our monthly e-newsletter.
- You will have full, unlimited online access to the Third Sector website giving you extensive online resources, blogs and forums as well as a streamlined search facility and exclusive on-line content.
- We will send you discounted invitations to National Convention and IoF Conferences where you can meet with fellow fundraisers from around the UK as well as learn from first-class speakers from your profession.
- You can get ‘cash-back’ at major high street stores and supermarkets, discounts on days out, airport parking, UK hotels, holidays and much more through IoF Privilege.
- We give you a rate of just £175 (against the standard £375) to advertise vacancies in your charity through the IoF Job Shop.
- And last, but not least – if you pay your own subscription, you should be able to claim back 20% to 40% of the cost through tax relief. Just check out the relevant information on the HMRC website once you’ve joined.
Types of membership
Whether you are relatively new to fundraising, have several years’ experience, or want to gain professional qualifications – and demonstrate this through your membership grade – there is a type of membership which is right for you. Take a look at our different membership grades.
How to join
It’s quick and simple to join. You can join online or contact the Membership team on 020 7840 1010 / email@example.com and we will be happy to help with any queries you may have.