Individual, organisational and corporate members of the Institute of Fundraising volunteers to support the work of our committees. Details of the current committees are as follows:
Standards Advisory Board
The Standards Advisory Board, advises the Board and staff team on issues around best practice in fundraising; positions the Institute needs to take in relation to regulatory and legal matters as they relate to fundraising; and oversees the Institute’s strategy for developing guidance and best practice resources to support and guide IoF members and the wider fundraising community.
- Liz Tait (Chair) - Director of Fundraising, Teenage Cancer Trust (IoF trustee)
- Graham Bunce - Director of Operations, APPCO Group
- Joe Jenkins - Director of Fundraising and Supporter Engagement, The Children’s Society
- Meredith Niles - Executive Director of Fundraising and Engagement, Marie Curie
- Richard Bowyer - Director of Marketing and Public Fundraising, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Ed Tait - Director of Fundraising, ActionAid UK
- Sally-Anne Hunter - Capital Appeal Director, Raeburn Place Foundation
- Clare Beavan - Foundation Manager, DWF LLP
- Lewis Coghlin - Director of Income Generation at the RSPCA
- Mike Wade - Director of Fundraising & Communications, National Deaf Children's Society
Learning and Development Committee
This committee is responsible for guiding the development of our professional development programmes. It has taken the lead on developing our qualifications framework and more recently on our potential move towards Chartered status.
- Emma-Louise Singh, (Chair) - Independent Consultant, (IoF trustee)
- Caryn Skinner - Director, Sharpstone Skinner
- Catherine Cottrell - Executive Director, Fundraising and Partnerships, Comic Relief
- Claire Singlehurst - Director of Relationship Fundraising, Macmillan Cancer Support
- Dan Fletcher - Director, Kingston Smith LLP
- Di Gornall - Director of Fundraising, Centrepoint
- Frances Milner - Executive Director of Philanthropy & Partnerships, Cancer Research UK
- Jane Banks - Independent Consultant
- Karen McKenzie - Income Generation Director, Douglas Macmillan Hospice
- Kurstin Finch-Gnehm - Head of Individual Giving and Patrons Programmes, Royal Academy of Music
- Loretta Bresciani Murray - Head of Fundraising, Abertay University
- Paul Farthing - Head of Income Generation and Communications, The Children's Trust
Finance and Resources Committee
The Finance and Resources Committee is responsible for overseeing all financial and resources aspects of the Institute so as to ensure short and long term viability and reports back to the Board accordingly.
- Rohan Hewavisenti, (Chair & Hon. Treasurer) – Director of Finance & Corporate Services, NHS Confederation
- Emily Drayson – Fundraising Researcher (IoF Trustee)
- Lauren Kininmonth - People Tree Ltd
- Kathryn Trower
- Grahame Darnell, Think Consulting Solutions
- Sarah Bissell, Director of Fundraising, Thames Hospice
Nominations AND ELECTIONS Committee
The Nominations Committee is responsible for overseeing the application and selection processes for elected and co-opted Trustees of the Institute and promoting and advising on nominations for the Institute’s and National honours including the Lifetime Contribution Award and Fellowship of the Institute and recommending suitable recipients to the Board.
- Louise Parkes, (Chair) – Chief Executive, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity
- Carol Akiwumi – Consultant & Trainer (IoF Trustee)
- Dianne Flatt – Fundraising Consultant
- Gill Jolly - Director, Achieve Consultants Ltd
- Gary Kernahan – Director of Fundraising, Children 1st
- Lorna Montgomery – Eventus Fundraising, (member of IoF South West committee)
- Caroline Siddall, Director of Income Generation, Hospice of the Good Shepherd
- Valerie Morton, Consultant
- Andy King – Partnerships Manager, Remarkable Partnerships
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee supports the Board and the Executive team to deliver the Institute’s strategic objectives to make the profession, and the Institute itself, more equal, diverse and inclusive. The Committee advises on the delivery of the EDI strategy, reviews progress and provides challenge and support to the Board and staff team as necessary.
- Carol Akiwumi, (Chair) Founder/CEO Money4Youth, Consultant & Trainer (IoF Trustee)
- Paul Amadi, Chief Supporter Officer, British Red Cross
- Julia Ammon, Trusts Programme Manager, Blesma
- Emily Casson, Digital Marketing Manager, Cats Protection (Chair IoF NE Committee)
- Priya Changela, Direct Marketing & Fundraising Officer, Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC)
- Mark Clements, Community Fundraiser, Marie Curie
- Siobhan Corria, Head of Inclusion, Action for Children
- Nicke Harrison, EDI Manager, Cancer Research UK
- Mickella Lewis-Purvis, Trusts & Foundations Programme Manager, Teenage Cancer Trust
- David Mbaziira, Founder, okusoka & Co.
- Jaz Nannar, Founder, Jaz Nannar Consulting
- Lucy Warnes, Senior Acquisition Officer, Practical Action
- Joyce Fraser, Chair, Black Heroes Foundation (IoF Trustee observer)
- Isobel Michel Consultant, NSP Philanthropy & Fundraiser, Southside Family Project (IoF Trustee observer)
Fundraising Convention Board
The Convention Board is not a formal sub-committee of the IoF but has a vital role in setting the programme for Fundraising Convention. It has 24 members on it, specialists in their fields. View members of the Convention board.
Our Special Interest and Regional groups, along with IoF Northern Ireland are run by enthusiastic and devoted Committee members. Head to the Groups section of our site to find out how you can get involved with your local IoF group.