Individual, organisational and corporate members of the Institute of Fundraising volunteers to support the work of our committees. Details of the current committees are as follows:
Standards Advisory Board
The Standards Advisory Board, advises the Board and staff team on issues around best practice in fundraising; positions the Institute needs to take in relation to regulatory and legal matters as they relate to fundraising; and oversees the Institute’s strategy for developing guidance and best practice resources to support and guide IoF members and the wider fundraising community.
- Liz Tait (Chair) - Director of Fundraising, Teenage Cancer Trust (IoF trustee)
- Graham Bunce - Director of Operations, APPCO Group
- Joe Jenkins - Director of Fundraising and Supporter Engagement, The Children’s Society
- Meredith Niles - Executive Director of Fundraising and Engagement, Marie Curie
- Richard Bowyer - Director of Marketing and Public Fundraising, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Ed Tait - Director of Fundraising, ActionAid UK
- Sally-Anne Hunter - Capital Appeal Director, Raeburn Place Foundation
- Clare Beavan - Foundation Manager, DWF LLP
- Lewis Coghlin - Director of Income Generation at the RSPCA
- Mike Wade - Director of Fundraising & Communications, National Deaf Children's Society
Learning and Development Committee
This committee is responsible for guiding the development of our professional development programmes. It has taken the lead on developing our qualifications framework and more recently on our potential move towards Chartered status.
- Emma-Louise Singh, (Chair) - Independent Consultant, (IoF trustee)
- Caryn Skinner - Director, Sharpstone Skinner
- Catherine Cottrell - Executive Director, Fundraising and Partnerships, Comic Relief
- Claire Singlehurst - Director of Relationship Fundraising, Macmillan Cancer Support
- Dan Fletcher - Director, Kingston Smith LLP
- Di Gornall - Director of Fundraising, Centrepoint
- Frances Milner - Executive Director of Philanthropy & Partnerships, Cancer Research UK
- Jane Banks - Independent Consultant
- Karen McKenzie - Income Generation Director, Douglas Macmillan Hospice
- Kurstin Finch-Gnehm - Head of Individual Giving and Patrons Programmes, Royal Academy of Music
- Loretta Bresciani Murray - Head of Fundraising, Abertay University
- Paul Farthing - Head of Income Generation and Communications, The Children's Trust
- Sarah Carter - Independent Consultant
Finance and Resources Committee
The Finance and Resources Committee is responsible for overseeing all financial and resources aspects of the Institute so as to ensure short and long term viability and reports back to the Board accordingly.
- Rohan Hewavisenti, (Chair & Hon. Treasurer) – Director of Finance & Corporate Services, NHS Confederation
- Emily Drayson – Fundraising Researcher (IoF Trustee)
- Lauren Kininmonth - People Tree Ltd
- Kathryn Trower
- Grahame Darnell, Think Consulting Solutions
Nominations AND ELECTIONS Committee
The Nominations Committee is responsible for overseeing the application and selection processes for elected and co-opted Trustees of the Institute and promoting and advising on nominations for the Institute’s and National honours including the Lifetime Contribution Award and Fellowship of the Institute and recommending suitable recipients to the Board.
- Kevin Kibble, (Chair) - CEO, Nurture Group Network
- Carol Akiwumi – Consultant & Trainer (IoF Trustee)
- Dianne Flatt – Deputy Director of Fundraising, Breast Cancer Haven
- Alan Gosschalk – Director of Fundraising, Plan International UK
- Gill Jolly - Director, Achieve Consultants Ltd
- Gary Kernahan – Think Consulting Solutions, (member of IoF Scottish Executive Committee)
- Lorna Montgomery – Eventus Fundraising, (member of IoF South West committee)
- Louise Parkes - Corporate Director, Income & Generation, Barnardo's
- Caroline Siddall, Director of Income Generation, Hospice of the Good Shepherd
Fundraising Convention Board
The Convention Board is not a formal sub-committee of the IoF but has a vital role in setting the programme for Fundraising Convention. It has 24 members on it, specialists in their fields. View members of the Convention board.
Our Special Interest and Regional groups, along with IoF Northern Ireland are run by enthusiastic and devoted Committee members. Head to the Groups section of our site to find out how you can get involved with your local IoF group.