Events Fundraising: Strategy & Planning (Management Level) (26-Jan-18)
Date: Friday 26th Jan 2018
Time: 09:30: Coffee and registration
10:00: Course start
16:30: Course close
Venue: IoF Office
Leading an events department involves careful coordination and planning of not only the event itself, but also the events team and strategy. This engaging course is designed to help you to evaluate the performance of your current portfolio of events, drive forward your events strategy, and lead plans for income growth.
Being able to run a great fundraising event is the first step towards realising potential of events for your organisation. Knowing which should stay in the schedule, how long they will remain effective and where you should make investment in new events comes down to your strategy and planning skills. This course will enable you to set clear objectives, work effectively across fundraising functions and deliver a balanced portfolio of events to appeal to the right audiences at the right time.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for people who have been working in an event fundraising capacity for 2 years plus. The course includes content related to people management and therefore learners should either be new managers or aspiring to a managerial role within the event fundraising field.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Develop your events strategy for the year ahead
- Use your strategy to review, measure and analyse your success in terms of return on investment
- Construct a balanced portfolio of events
- Effectively manage your events fundraising budget including preparation of annual budgets
- Differentiate between marketing techniques and know how and when to effectively apply them
- Identify event sponsorship opportunities and how they can be implemented successfully
- Select appropriate management techniques and styles to ensure positive internal and external relationships are created and maintained
- Prepare effective reports using your plans and key results for use internally and externally
- Identify and apply the key learning points from your completed events to help your future planning
About your trainer:
Kim Van Niekerk: Kim inspires and develops people who raise income for charities into great fundraisers. Recognised as one of the leading educators in fundraising and a respected coach, trainer and speaker, Kim has spent 11 years working across the social enterprise, charity and corporate sectors.
Kim is currently a lecturer for the Institute of Fundraising’s Diploma, a Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce and an Associate for Open Innovation experts, 100% Open. She is also completing the International Advanced Diploma in Fundraising Leadership.
Before becoming a coach, Kim was a founding Director of the FSI, a Foundation building the capacity of small charities by delivering free expert fundraising and communications training. In its start up three years Kim worked with over 400 non-profit organisations across the UK. Prior to The FSI, Kim was fundraising with the UK’s largest businesses, high net worth individuals and Foundations as a Campaign Manager for the NSPCC’s FULL STOP Campaign. In three years Kim was promoted twice to co-ordinate lead gifts and major events in the UK and Russia and raise over £16 million for the protection of children.
Kim has trained, mentored and coached over 800 fundraisers from every shape, size and sector of the non-profit world.
Prices: £208 IoF individual members, £265 non-individual members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of 2 weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 0207 840 1020