*FULLY BOOKED* How to Write More Powerful and Successful Fundraising Letters (Practitioner Level) (24-May-19)
Date: Friday 24th May 2019
09:15 Registration and coffee
09:30 Course start
17:00 Course finish
This course includes refreshments and a lunch of vegetarian and non-vegetarian sandwiches.
Venue: IoF Office
Fundraising letters that deliver the greatest results engage the reader instantly, capture their interest, and motivate them to give. The rest go straight into the waste/recycling bin. In just one fascinating and inspiring day this course will explore and explain the essential knowledge, skills and techniques you need to write fundraising letters that get results.
*FULLY BOOKED* View alternative dates
Who should attend?
This one day course is designed for those who are new to copywriting or fundraising; it will give you the knowledge, capability and confidence to write fundraising letters that are professional, persuasive and profitable.
In just one fascinating and informative day you will learn:
- What makes fundraising letters a truly unique form of marketing
- How people read, react and respond to what you write
- Why 95% of fundraising letters hit the bin in less than 3 seconds
- How to make people want to read and respond to what you write
- What makes people decide to support and donate to your cause
- 10 great ways to write engaging and compelling headlines
- Long letters vs. short letters: what works best and why
- Where to put the “ask” in your fundraising letters
- Real-life fundraising letters reviewed and evaluated with lessons learned
- Valuable tips that boost response and results
- Practical copywriting skills that you can apply immediately in the workplace to get results.
Benefits for you and your organisation
This course will show you exactly how to plan, write and present fundraising letters that deliver the best possible results. It will make sure that the fundraising letters you write from now on do not waste time, money and opportunity. The knowledge, techniques and skills you learn in just one day will deliver valuable and lasting benefits for your organisation, your cause and your career.
As part of your learning experience you are invited to send in a sample of your own fundraising copy in advance of the course. Your tutor will then review it with you in open class, providing constructive advice and recommendations that you can apply immediately to improve results.
To take advantage of this offer please email one sample of your copy to the IoF Academy team at firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 Monday 20 May 2019 with ‘Sample copy for Fundraising Essentials 24 May 2019’ in the subject line.
About your tutor:
Paul Chuter FIDM is one of the UK’s leading communications practitioners. Since 1991, he has provided communications advice and copywriting to leading international business enterprises, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies, professional bodies and academic institutions. Paul has successfully trained staff from more than 100 UK charity sector organisations in effective copywriting techniques. His training is very ‘real-world’ and combines attitudinal approaches, practical techniques and best-practice methodologies that can be applied immediately in the workplace to achieve impressive results.
£220 for IoF individual members
£280 for non-individual members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of two weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Controller.
When you sign up to an IoF one or two-day short course, we use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To administrate attendance to the course
- To gain follow-up feedback from you about the course you have attended – this will be sent by email after the course has taken place
- For analysis and research to help us improve our services and, event management and to report on IoF short courses
- To inform you about future short courses and IoF events which we believe will be of interest to you – you can object to this processing at any time
- To keep a record of the courses you have attended with the IoF
- To process your payment
We will provide trainers with your name, organisation and job title to enable them to tailor the course and manage attendance.
Relying on legitimate interests, we will keep your membership number (if applicable), first name, last name, job title, organisation and contact email address and details of the course title(s) and date(s) you attended for six years after your last interaction with the IoF. This is so that we can provide you with confirmation of the courses you have undertaken and to help us:
- Review the popularity of our courses
- Improve our services
- For budgeting and financial review.
Further details and contact information
IoF Academy team
Telephone: 0207 840 1020