Recruiting and Managing Fundraising Volunteers (17-Apr-19)
Date: Wednesday 17th Apr 2019
09:45 Registration and coffee
10:00 Course start
16:30 Course finish
Venue: IoF Office
Find out how you can help your volunteers to become great volunteers. Those who sign-up to help you to fundraise for your cause are among your most committed supporters and one of your most important assets. This course will enable fundraisers working with fundraising volunteers to effectively recruit, manage, motivate and retain them, ensuring you get the most from this invaluable resource.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at fundraisers and managers working with volunteers (or want to in the future) and who want to ensure they are making the most of this valuable resource.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Outline the process of recruiting fundraising volunteers
- Understand the motivations for people volunteering to help with fundraising
- Utilise effectively this valuable fundraising resource and encourage longer-term retention and support in other ways
- Adjust their management style to suit the needs of fundraising volunteers
- Give appropriate feedback to volunteers regarding their effectiveness
- Understand how to make best use of fundraising volunteers and the roles they can undertake
What’s covered on this course:
- What your volunteers can do for you to help you with your fundraising efforts
- How to recruit the right volunteers in the right way
- Understanding and using the motivations of your fundraising volunteers
- Once you’ve got them, keep them!
- Successful volunteer management
- Dealing with difficult people
- Giving feedback to maximise this valuable resource
- Developing your volunteers into long term advocates and supporters/donors in other ways
About Your Trainer:
Gill Jolly FInstF(Dip) has over 25 years experience in the charity sector, working as a fundraiser, manager, director and trainer of fundraisers and support teams with a wide variety of sizes and types of organisation. She now runs her own consultancy, and works with not-for-profit organisations across the UK and Europe providing a wide range of bespoke fundraising & management consultancy services. Gill has worked with the IoF since 2000 delivering fundraising’s professional qualifications, and leading courses on strategy, management and implementation.
£220 IoF Individual members
£280 non-Individual members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of two weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Controller.
When you sign up to an IoF one or two-day short course, we use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To administrate attendance to the course
- To gain follow-up feedback from you about the course you have attended – this will be sent by email after the course has taken place
- For analysis and research to help us improve our services and, event management and to report on IoF short courses
- To inform you about future short courses and IoF events which we believe will be of interest to you – you can object to this processing at any time
- To keep a record of the courses you have attended with the IoF
- To process your payment
We will provide trainers with your name, organisation and job title to enable them to tailor the course and manage attendance.
Relying on legitimate interests, we will keep your membership number (if applicable), first name, last name, job title, organisation and contact email address and details of the course title(s) and date(s) you attended for six years after your last interaction with the IoF. This is so that we can provide you with confirmation of the courses you have undertaken and to help us:
- Review the popularity of our courses
- Improve our services
- For budgeting and financial review.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 020 7840 1020