Win that Pitch With Rob Woods (15-Mar-21)
Date: Monday 15th Mar 2021
09:15 Coffee and registration
09:30 Course start
16:20 Course finish
Venue: Institute of Fundraising - London
Learn how to win more corporate partnerships by focusing on the things that really win pitches, and adapting your style to play with, not against, the unwritten laws of pitching. This course is based on research into the surprising habits of the new business fundraisers who have won most of the valuable corporate partnerships in the UK in the last ten years.
‘My colleague and I attended Rob’s Win that Pitch course and found it incredibly helpful. We were thrilled with the results. One example is how we used the techniques to create a successful pitch for a major supermarket. If you ever need to pitch, you can’t really afford not to know these strategies’. - Claire Stone, Business Development Manager, Corporate Partnerships, Stroke Association
Who should attend:
This course is for any corporate fundraiser who is involved in the pitch process and wants to win more corporate partnerships.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Persuade. Understand the influencing technique that Rob showed Teach First and that helped them win a partnership worth £380,000 over three years
- Get clarity. Get clear about the one mistake made by 98% of charity pitchers, and how to AVOID it.
- Build rapport. Understand the rapport-building strategy Rob taught NSPCC which enabled them to pitch so persuasively that the company cancelled the planned staff vote. The partnership is worth £250,000.
- Structure to influence. Know the three fundamentals of pitch design used by the most successful new business fundraisers Rob has ever interviewed
- Add WOW Factor. The technique Kieran used to win a partnership worth £100,000, and how you can apply the same technique
- Follow up. Receive your own copy of Pitch to Win – 40 powerful tips to help you win more corporate partnerships
‘We had the chance to pitch to become the charity partner of a large shopping centre in Belfast City Centre. I used the techniques from Win that Pitch and they worked beautifully. We won the pitch which has been worth £20,000.’ -Sorcha Chipperfield, Corporate Fundraiser, Cancer Fund for Children.
‘I was on the pitch team to win a partnership worth £1,000,000. Rob helped me present persuasively and confidently, enabling me to connect with the panel – and we won the partnership.’ Kirsty Lawson, Corporate Account Team Manager, Alzheimer’s Society
About Your Trainer:
Rob Woods, Director of Bright Spot Fundraising, is an award-winning trainer and the author of three books, including The Fundraiser Who Wanted More. He also blogs regularly, including on this own site - www.brightspotfundraising.co.uk.
He has spent 16 years in fundraising. Originally a major gifts fundraiser for the UK children’s charity the NSPCC, since becoming an independent trainer he has helped over eight thousand fundraisers, Directors and Trustees, with clients including CRUK, Oxford University, Save the Children and UNICEF. For the IOF Academy, he runs the Major Donor masterclass – what really gets results; Win that pitch, Presenting to influence and Writing to Influence.
£230 IoF individual members
£290 non-individual members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of 2 weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Controller.
When you sign up to an IoF one or two-day short course, we use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To administrate attendance to the course
- To gain follow-up feedback from you about the course you have attended – this will be sent by email after the course has taken place
- For analysis and research to help us improve our services and, event management and to report on IoF short courses
- To inform you about future short courses and IoF events which we believe will be of interest to you – you can object to this processing at any time
- To keep a record of the courses you have attended with the IoF
- To process your payment
We will provide trainers with your name, organisation and job title to enable them to tailor the course and manage attendance.
Relying on legitimate interests, we will keep your membership number (if applicable), first name, last name, job title, organisation and contact email address and details of the course title(s) and date(s) you attended for six years after your last interaction with the IoF. This is so that we can provide you with confirmation of the courses you have undertaken and to help us:
- Review the popularity of our courses
- Improve our services
- For budgeting and financial review.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 0207 840 1020