Corporate Fundraising (Practitioner Level) (2 & 3-May-19)
Date: Thursday 2nd to Friday 3rd May 2019
09:45 Registration and coffee
10:00 Course start
16:30 Course finish
10:00 Course start
16:30 Course finish
This course includes refreshments and a lunch of vegetarian and non-vegetarian sandwiches.
Venue: IoF Office
This two day course covers the basic knowledge and tools needed to carry out corporate fundraising within a charity. You will develop the relevant knowledge, skills, techniques and confidence to enable you to successfully research, plan and manage corporate partnerships for your charitable causes.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for participants who are new to corporate fundraising (CFR) but have a minimum of one year’s work experience in fundraising (in either a paid or voluntary capacity).
Benefits to you and your organisation:
This course will help you to feel confident to win and manage corporate partnerships for your charity and to maximise the benefits from each relationship.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the general principles of corporate fundraising and the corporate environment
- Use a range of fundraising mechanisms appropriate to corporate fundraising
- Understand and apply methods and best practice for managing the core CFR mechanisms
- Use research methods relevant to CFR and have knowledge of appropriate sources of information
- Apply practical tools to help you develop new business including presentations and written proposals
- Understand the basic legal and tax issues relevant to corporate fundraising
- Understand how to manage corporate relationships effectively within your organisation
What’s covered on this course:
- General principles of corporate fundraising
- Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice
- The range of corporate fundraising mechanisms
- The corporate environment
- The range of research tools
- Sources of information
- New Business
- The role of the first meeting
- Managing corporate fundraising mechanisms
- Charity of the Year
- Payroll Giving
- Presentations and written proposals
- Thinking on your fundraising feet
- Legal and Tax issues
About Your Trainer:
Jo O’Sullivan MBA, BA, MInstF(Cert): Jo has worked with charities large and small for over 20 years, starting at the NSPCC and working as a fundraising director at regional, national and international charities, including the NHS, the heritage sector, churches and RMHC. During this time Jo has designed and implemented fundraising strategies which tripled income (including a major gift of £28million), developing the charities’ profiles and re-designing their fundraising structures in the process. She is now passionate about helping charities to evidence the impact they make so that they can attract increased funds to help them to grow and to enable fundraisers to progress to their full potential through targeted training and development.
£330 IoF Individual members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of 2 weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Controller.
When you sign up to an IoF one or two-day short course, we use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To administrate attendance to the course
- To gain follow-up feedback from you about the course you have attended – this will be sent by email after the course has taken place
- For analysis and research to help us improve our services and, event management and to report on IoF short courses
- To inform you about future short courses and IoF events which we believe will be of interest to you – you can object to this processing at any time
- To keep a record of the courses you have attended with the IoF
- To process your payment
We will provide trainers with your name, organisation and job title to enable them to tailor the course and manage attendance.
Relying on legitimate interests, we will keep your membership number (if applicable), first name, last name, job title, organisation and contact email address and details of the course title(s) and date(s) you attended for six years after your last interaction with the IoF. This is so that we can provide you with confirmation of the courses you have undertaken and to help us:
- Review the popularity of our courses
- Improve our services
- For budgeting and financial review.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 0207 840 1020