Events Fundraising: Strategy & Planning (Management Level) (1 & 2-Oct-19)
Date: Tuesday 1st to Wednesday 2nd Oct 2019
09:30 – Registration and coffee
10:00 – Course start
16:30 – Course end
This course includes refreshments and a lunch of vegetarian and non-vegetarian sandwiches.
Venue: IoF Office
Leading an events department involves careful coordination and planning of not only the event itself, but also the events team and strategy. This engaging course is designed to help you to evaluate the performance of your current portfolio of events, drive forward your events strategy, and lead plans for income growth.
Being able to run a great fundraising event is the first step towards realising potential of events for your organisation. Knowing which should stay in the schedule, how long they will remain effective and where you should make investment in new events comes down to your strategy and planning skills. This course will enable you to set clear objectives, work effectively across fundraising functions and deliver a balanced portfolio of events to appeal to the right audiences at the right time.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for people who have been working in an event fundraising capacity for 2 years plus. The course includes content related to people management and therefore learners should either be new managers or aspiring to a managerial role within the event fundraising field.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Develop your events strategy for the year ahead
- Use your strategy to review, measure and analyse your success in terms of return on investment
- Construct a balanced portfolio of events
- Effectively manage your events fundraising budget including preparation of annual budgets
- Differentiate between marketing techniques and know how and when to effectively apply them
- Identify event sponsorship opportunities and how they can be implemented successfully
- Select appropriate management techniques and styles to ensure positive internal and external relationships are created and maintained
- Prepare effective reports using your plans and key results for use internally and externally
- Identify and apply the key learning points from your completed events to help your future planning
About your tutor:
Kim Van Niekerk has worked with the UK’s largest businesses, high net worth individuals, trusts and foundations as a Campaign Manager for the NSPCC’s FULL STOP Campaign. In under three years, Kim coordinated lead gifts and major events in the UK and Russia, to raise over £16 million for the protection of children. She is now passionate about sharing that experience and new knowledge by training and mentoring over 200 fundraisers annually.
£330 IoF individual members
£390 non-IoF individual members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of two weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Controller.
When you sign up to an IoF one or two-day short course, we use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To administrate attendance to the course
- To gain follow-up feedback from you about the course you have attended – this will be sent by email after the course has taken place
- For analysis and research to help us improve our services and, event management and to report on IoF short courses
- To inform you about future short courses and IoF events which we believe will be of interest to you – you can object to this processing at any time
- To keep a record of the courses you have attended with the IoF
- To process your payment
We will provide trainers with your name, organisation and job title to enable them to tailor the course and manage attendance.
Relying on legitimate interests, we will keep your membership number (if applicable), first name, last name, job title, organisation and contact email address and details of the course title(s) and date(s) you attended for six years after your last interaction with the IoF. This is so that we can provide you with confirmation of the courses you have undertaken and to help us:
- Review the popularity of our courses
- Improve our services
- For budgeting and financial review.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 0207 840 1020