Masterclass in Stewardship Leadership (12 & 13- Jun 19)
Date: Wednesday 12th to Thursday 13th Jun 2019
09.30 - Arrivals, registration and coffee
10.00 - Course start
16.45 - Finish
Venue: IoF Office
This course will take you through the financial argument for investing in stewardship and help you to take a really practical look at the systems in place in your organisation to deliver exceptional stewardship.
Do you know how many supporters stay with you year on year? Have you calculated the value of keeping just 10% more each year over a 5 year period?
Who should attend this course?
Fundraisers and support staff from any fundraising specialism with responsibility for keeping supporters engaged and giving. This course is suitable for all levels of professionals and volunteers working in individual giving, trust and foundation, legacy, major donor, corporate, mid level giving, community and events fundraisers and online fundraising teams. If you fundraise or support fundraising, you should steward!
Benefits to your organisation:
Sector standards show that attracting new supporters to your work can be 10 times more expensive than keeping them, so not only does stewardship keep income higher it keeps the need for recruitment expenditure lower. The impact on your fundraising can be remarkable and yet with time and short term financial constraints we often deprioritise standout experiences for our supporters. We worry about the
cost, whether it is appropriate, find it hard to keep up with the many relationships we might manage and struggle to find the time to really think outside the box.
This course will take you through the financial argument for investing in stewardship and help you to take a really practical look at the systems in place in your organisation to deliver exceptional stewardship. It will redefine stewardship way beyond the thank you letter and give you design thinking tools used by the leading commercial innovators to create ideas and experiences that will not only wow your supporters but get them talking about you to others.
It will also leave you able to see how everyone in your organisation can play a role in stewarding supporters and help you to win them over to get involved and loving the experience! And because we understand how important it is for stewardship to be
inexpensive the goal is to keep all ideas in budget or on a shoestring!
Trust is fast becoming a key driver for people and organisations choosing to support our work, this course is a must have for anyone wanting stand out from the crowd and find special and distinct ways of of building rapport and commitment from our amazing supporters.
By the end of the course you will be to:
- Advocate for the significance of stewardship for your fundraising and what it entails
- Understand the creative techniques behind developing stewardship for your supporters
- Take away fun and energising tools to design ideas back in your organisations
- Redefine stewardship for the new era of fundraising and lead the way in your organisation
- Develop systems for delivering and evaluating appropriate and consistent stewardship across your organisation
- Draft ideas to go back to your organisations with and share case study examples
- Identify roles people across your organisation can play in stewardship to elevate impact
- Keep in touch with a great group of fundraisers across the sector who share your goals
About your Trainer:
Kim van Niekerk: Kim inspires and develops people who raise income for charities into great fundraisers. Recognised as one of the leading educators in fundraising and a respected coach, trainer and speaker, Kim has spent 11 years working across the social enterprise, charity and corporate sectors.
Kim is currently a lecturer for the Institute of Fundraising’s Diploma, a Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce and an Associate for Open Innovation experts, 100% Open. She is also completing the International Advanced Diploma in Fundraising Leadership.
Before becoming a coach, Kim was a founding Director of the FSI, a Foundation building the capacity of small charities by delivering free expert fundraising and communications training. In its start up three years Kim worked with over 400 non-profit organisations across the UK. Prior to The FSI, Kim was fundraising with the UK’s largest businesses, high net worth individuals and Foundations as a Campaign Manager for the NSPCC’s FULL STOP Campaign. In three years Kim was promoted twice to co-ordinate lead gifts and major events in the UK and Russia and raise over £16 million for the protection of children.
Kim has trained, mentored and coached over 800 fundraisers from every shape, size and sector of the non-profit world.
£430 IoF individual members
£490 non-individual members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of two weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions apply.
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Controller.
When you sign up to an IoF one or two-day short course, we use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To administrate attendance to the course
- To gain follow-up feedback from you about the course you have attended – this will be sent by email after the course has taken place
- For analysis and research to help us improve our services and, event management and to report on IoF short courses
- To inform you about future short courses and IoF events which we believe will be of interest to you – you can object to this processing at any time
- To keep a record of the courses you have attended with the IoF
- To process your payment
We will provide trainers with your name, organisation and job title to enable them to tailor the course and manage attendance.
Relying on legitimate interests, we will keep your membership number (if applicable), first name, last name, job title, organisation and contact email address and details of the course title(s) and date(s) you attended for six years after your last interaction with the IoF. This is so that we can provide you with confirmation of the courses you have undertaken and to help us:
- Review the popularity of our courses
- Improve our services
- For budgeting and financial review.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 0207 840 1020