Developing a Legacy Strategy (Management Level) (22-Jun-18)
Date: Friday 22nd Jun 2018
09:45 Registration and coffee
10:00 Course start
16:30 Course finish
Venue: IoF Office
This inspiring one day course will enable you to prepare and fulfil a detailed legacy strategy, enable you to develop meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and provide you with a cultivation and stewardship programme.
Leading a legacy campaign involves understanding the research priorities, developing focused and inspirational legacy messages and developing clear and challenging objectives for each prospect segment. This course focuses on strategy, KPIs and how to lead and run a successful programme.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for experienced fundraisers who are involved in the legacy marketing and need to develop a new legacy strategy and develop focused legacy materials. It is suitable for dedicated legacy fundraisers and for those whose job includes other responsibilities.
Benefits you and your organisation:
If your charity is considering investing in legacies then this course will give you a detailed strategy which is as evidence based as possible with a really focused range of objectives and detailed communications programme. The course will suggest investment priorities as well as how to integrate legacies.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Prepare and develop an effective legacy fundraising strategy
- Research the legacy marketplace and identify threats and opportunities
- Understand the motivations for people leaving legacies
- Develop key communication objectives to generate improved results
- Cascade legacy activities effectively throughout your charity
- Develop and/or improve your stewardship programme
- Establish the most realistic Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measure your success
- Prepare and manage a prudent and cost effective budget
What's covered on this course:
- Research: statistics and the marketplace, past legacies, attitudes and motivations for legacy giving
- Legacy communications: developing a legacy vision, messages relevant to different generations, focusing unique messages in each medium
- Strategy development: objective setting, target audiences, methods of communication
- Cultivation and stewardship: maintaining contact/upgrading with pledgers and enquirers
- Evaluation: setting activity driven KPIs
*You can bring any legacy materials with you for evaluation by the tutor and other delegates.
About Your Trainer:
Richard Radcliffe FInstF(Cert) is a facilitator with over 30 years fundraising experience, who is regularly rated as one of the top speakers at our Fundraising Convention. He has 30 years’ experience in the voluntary sector, specialising in legacies for 20 years, including being executive chairman of Smee and Ford – the only company to specialise purely in legacy research and fundraising worldwide, and who read over 1,000 wills a day. Richard has also been Treasurer and a trustee of the Institute of Fundraising, has chaired the UK Fundraising Convention, and was recently Chairman of the International Fundraising Congress (the largest fundraising congress in the world outside America). He advises every type of cause and charity small medium large and multinational.
£215 IoF individual members
£275 Non-IoF individual members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of two weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 020 7840 1020