*LIVE VIRTUAL COURSE* Corporate Fundraising During a Pandemic - A Masterclass with Rob Woods (2-Oct-20)
Date: Friday 2nd Oct 2020
Time: 09:15 – Login and test equipment
09:30 – Course start
16:15 – Course end
Strategies to help you raise funds in the short, medium and long-term
Clearly there are major challenges for corporate fundraisers right now, as every company has been affected one way or another by the pandemic and measures taken to contain it.
However, some charities have been successful in securing substantial income during the pandemic. Building on what he has learned from successful corporate fundraisers over the last two decades, Rob has recently conducted interviews with experienced fundraisers from charities in a range of sectors about what is working, even now, to raise money from corporate partnerships during the pandemic. He outlines the ideas in his e-book Power Through The Pandemic.
In this practical masterclass, Rob explore the corporate strategies at a deeper level, and shows you how to apply them in your charity. This session includes:
· STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS - Why the pandemic has made the Charity of the Year approach even more risky; why strategic partnerships are best the answer for most charities; and how one small gender-equality charity used this strategy to outflank their competition, with a partnership worth £100,000.
· RELATIONSHIP BUILDING TECHNIQUES - How to deepen relationships with the right partners, including the favourite tactic of one children’s charity that has secured three six-figure gifts / partnerships since the pandemic started.
· INSPIRE – The technique that Rob showed the fundraiser at one small overseas charity that generated a partnership worth 40,000 Euros in April 2020.
· What to say to help more companies to want to give / make deeper partnerships
· FOCUS IS POWER - Why, now more than ever, it is essential to prioritise certain companies, and crucially, how to do this in your charity.
· HANDLING UNCERTAINTY - How to handle the inevitable challenge that your charities’ strategy is unclear and still changing.
"We had the chance to pitch to become the charity partner of a large shopping centre in Belfast City Centre. I used the techniques from Rob’s course and they worked beautifully. We won the pitch which has been worth £20,000." - Sorcha Chipperfield, Corporate Fundraiser, Cancer Fund for Children.
"Rob’s training made an amazing difference to me. I now raise at least twenty times more per quarter through corporate partnerships than I did before I did the training." - Stuart Brown, Senior Partnerships Manager, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
"I’ve found the training hugely helpful. As an example, I applied one of Rob’s pitching techniques and it completely wowed the panel, and has resulted in a partnership worth over £100,000." - Kieran Cornwall, Partnerships, Sponsorship and Events Leader, The Kings Fund
The techy bit
The course is being delivered via the online platform zoom. To enable you to interact with your tutor and your class you will need to have access to a microphone (or access to a landline phone) and ideally have a working video link via a camera. To test compatibility with your system, you can join a test meeting via this link https://zoom.us/test
About the trainer
Rob (@woods_rob) is an award-winning trainer, a podcaster and author. You can download for free his latest book, Power Through The Pandemic – seven strategies to help you raise money through major gifts, corporates and trusts.
His other books include The Fundraiser Who Wanted More and Win that Pitch. His podcast, Fundraising Bright Spots podcast is available through I-tunes, Spotify and Stitcher.
IoF Individual Member £315
Non-individual Member £375
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of two weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Controller.
We are working with Zoom (processor) to enable us to deliver webinars and online learning. To access the course, you will need to register with Zoom, giving your name and email address. This personal data will be collected by Zoom and stored under the US Privacy Shield outside of the EEA.
You will also be able to manage cookies preferences.
For more information on how Zoom use and protect your data see:
The Institute of Fundraising will use the information you provide to monitor delegate attendance and may contact you by email for feedback about the webinar/online learning.
When you sign up to an IoF one or two-day short course, we use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To administrate attendance to the course
- To gain follow-up feedback from you about the course you have attended – this will be sent by email after the course has taken place
- For analysis and research to help us improve our services and, event management and to report on IoF short courses
- To inform you about future short courses and IoF events which we believe will be of interest to you – you can object to this processing at any time
- To keep a record of the courses you have attended with the IoF
- To process your payment
We will provide trainers with your name, organisation and job title to enable them to tailor the course and manage attendance.
Relying on legitimate interests, we will keep your membership number (if applicable), first name, last name, job title, organisation and contact email address and details of the course title(s) and date(s) you attended for six years after your last interaction with the IoF. This is so that we can provide you with confirmation of the courses you have undertaken and to help us:
- Review the popularity of our courses
- Improve our services
- For budgeting and financial review.
Further details and contact information
IoF Academy team