*LIVE VIRTUAL COURSE* Growing Income from Mid-Value Donors (5-Oct-20)
Date: Monday 5th Oct 2020
09:15 - Login and test equipment
09:30 - Course start
16:00 - Course end
Mid-value giving is a bit of a mystery to many fundraisers. In many ways this is not a surprise as mid-value giving is largely a very underdeveloped area of fundraising in the UK. And yet, it is a vital part of the fundraising mix.
Increasingly fundraisers are realising that there is a gap between the direct marketing experience offered to individual giving donors and the tailored, one to one approach taken with major donors. What experience do we give those donors who fall between this gap?
This training will be practical and interactive. You will learn how to apply both individual giving and major giving techniques into a coherent, cost effective mid-value programme. Come and gain skills in how to combine the best of both worlds.
What's covered in this course:
· What makes an effective mid-value programme
· Case studies of successful mid-value programmes in the UK
· Key considerations when setting up a mid-value programme
· Skills to know the differences and similarities between Direct Marketing and Mid-Value and major donor fundraising and, most importantly, how to apply these to ensure a good ROI.
· How to gather donor insight to inform programme development and how that can be done cost effectively
· Tips for making the case for a mid-value programme
· Common pitfalls to avoid
£315 for IoF Individual Members
£375 for Non-Individual Members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of two weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions
About your trainer
Charly White has spent more than 15 years in fundraising, specialising in mid-value and major giving. Charly’s most recent position was Head of Philanthropy at the National Trust where she transformed their mid-value
giving programme. She passionately believes that mid-value giving has the potential to raise significant sums for charities, no matter how big or small the organisation. Charly is now a leadership coach and trainer, working with charities across the UK and internationally through her business, Vivid Leadership (www.vividleadership.co.uk). Charly has been a trainer for the IoF for over 4 years.
The techy bit
The course is being delivered via the online platform zoom. To enable you to interact with your tutor and your class you will need to have access to a microphone (or access to a landline phone) and ideally have a working video link via a camera. To test compatibility with your system, you can join a test meeting via this link https://zoom.us/test
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Controller.
We are working with Zoom (processor) to enable us to deliver webinars and online learning. To access the course, you will need to register with Zoom, giving your name and email address. This personal data will be collected by Zoom and stored under the US Privacy Shield outside of the EEA.
You will also be able to manage cookies preferences.
For more information on how Zoom use and protect your data see:
The Institute of Fundraising will use the information you provide to monitor delegate attendance and may contact you by email for feedback about the webinar/online learning.
When you sign up to an IoF one or two-day short course, we use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To administrate attendance to the course
- To gain follow-up feedback from you about the course you have attended – this will be sent by email after the course has taken place
- For analysis and research to help us improve our services and, event management and to report on IoF short courses
- To inform you about future short courses and IoF events which we believe will be of interest to you – you can object to this processing at any time
- To keep a record of the courses you have attended with the IoF
- To process your payment
We will provide trainers with your name, organisation and job title to enable them to tailor the course and manage attendance.
Relying on legitimate interests, we will keep your membership number (if applicable), first name, last name, job title, organisation and contact email address and details of the course title(s) and date(s) you attended for six years after your last interaction with the IoF. This is so that we can provide you with confirmation of the courses you have undertaken and to help us:
- Review the popularity of our courses
- Improve our services
- For budgeting and financial review.
Further details and contact information
IoF Academy team