*LIVE VIRTUAL COURSE* How to Write More Powerful and Successful Fundraising Letters (Practitioner Level) (29-Oct-20)
Date: Thursday 29th Oct 2020
Time: 09:45 Login and test equipment
10:00 Course start
16:30 Course finish
To book onto one of our short courses or qualifications please email us at email@example.com. Please make sure you include as much information as possible including membership number where relevant, contact name, contact email address and phone number as well as the name and date of the relevant course/qualification.
Letters are critical to the success of most fundraising strategies. That’s why it’s so important to make sure the copy is as powerful and persuasive at it be.
The fundraising letters that deliver the greatest results engage the reader instantly. They hold their interest, connect on an emotional level and motivate them to give. Fundraising letters that fail at any point in this process go straight into the waste/recycling bin.
This course focuses on the behavioural psychology, messaging structures, and persuasive techniques that combine to create highly powerful and successful fundraising letters. It will guide you through every stage of planning, writing and refining your copy so that your fundraising letters achieve the greatest possible impact, attention and results.
Who should attend?
This online course is designed for those who are either new to copywriting or would benefit from immersing themselves in best-practice approaches to copywriting for fundraising. Whatever your level of experience, this course will give you the capability and confidence to write fundraising letters that are professional, persuasive and profitable.
What you will learn in just one day on this highly focused, fast-paced course will change your approach to writing fundraising letters for good.
In just one fascinating and informative day you will learn:
· What makes fundraising letters a truly unique form of marketing
· How people read, react and respond to what you write
· Why 95% of fundraising letters hit the bin in less than 3 seconds
· How to get more people reading more of your copy for longer
· What makes people choose to support and donate to your cause
· How to use emotional drivers and visualisation techniques
· Getting the tone and language right for your audience
· 10 great ways to write engaging and compelling headlines
· Long letters vs. short letters: what works best and why
· The best-practice structure for a successful fundraising letter
· Where is the best possible place to put the “ask” in your fundraising letters
· Making your response devices more than just a form
· Valuable tips that boost results and common mistakes to avoid
· More than 100 real-life fundraising copy examples reviewed with lessons learned
· Template for reviewing your own and other people’s fundraising letter copy
Benefits for you and your organisation
This course will show you exactly how to plan, write, present and review fundraising letter copy and content to ensure they deliver the best possible results. The learning outcomes will ensure that the fundraising letters you craft, produce and deploy don’t waste time, money and opportunity. The knowledge and techniques you gain on this highly practical course will deliver immediate, valuable and lasting benefits for your organisation, your cause and your career.
The virtual learning classroom experience
The IoF virtual training is delivered by trainers who leading experts in their chosen discipline. Each virtual course has been especially designed to deliver a rich virtual classroom learning experience. Your online course will feature:
· Zoom platform learning environment
· Interactive classroom engagement
· Group discussions and exercises
· Real-life case studies and examples
· Ample Q&A opportunities throughout the sessions
The techy bit
The course is being delivered via the online platform zoom. To enable you to interact with your tutor and your class you will need to have access to a microphone (or access to a landline phone) and ideally have a working video link via a camera. To test compatibility with your system, you can join a test meeting via this link https://zoom.us/test
Meet your trainer:
Paul Chuter F IDM is one of the UK’s leading communications practitioners. Since 1991, he has provided communications advice and copywriting to leading international business enterprises, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies, professional bodies and academic institutions. Paul has successfully trained staff from more than 300 UK charity sector organisations in effective copywriting techniques. His training is very ‘real-world’ and combines attitudinal approaches, practical techniques and best-practice methodologies that can be applied immediately in the workplace to achieve impressive results.
IoF Individual Member £315
Non-individual Member £375
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of two weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Controller.
We are working with Zoom (processor) to enable us to deliver webinars and online learning. To access the course, you will need to register with Zoom, giving your name and email address. This personal data will be collected by Zoom and stored under the US Privacy Shield outside of the EEA.
You will also be able to manage cookies preferences.
For more information on how Zoom use and protect your data see:
The Institute of Fundraising will use the information you provide to monitor delegate attendance and may contact you by email for feedback about the webinar/online learning.
When you sign up to an IoF one or two-day short course, we use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To administrate attendance to the course
- To gain follow-up feedback from you about the course you have attended – this will be sent by email after the course has taken place
- For analysis and research to help us improve our services and, event management and to report on IoF short courses
- To inform you about future short courses and IoF events which we believe will be of interest to you – you can object to this processing at any time
- To keep a record of the courses you have attended with the IoF
- To process your payment
We will provide trainers with your name, organisation and job title to enable them to tailor the course and manage attendance.
Relying on legitimate interests, we will keep your membership number (if applicable), first name, last name, job title, organisation and contact email address and details of the course title(s) and date(s) you attended for six years after your last interaction with the IoF. This is so that we can provide you with confirmation of the courses you have undertaken and to help us:
- Review the popularity of our courses
- Improve our services
- For budgeting and financial review.