*LIVE VIRTUAL TRAINING* Influence & Impact for Women in Leadership (Starting 15th September 2020)
Date: Tuesday 15th Sep 2020
All 6 group coaching sessions of this programme will follow the below schedule:
13:45 - Session start
15:15 - Session end
Session 1 - 15th September
Session 2 - 29th September
Session 3 - 13th October
Session 4 - 3rd November
Session 5 - 17th November
Session 6 - 30th November
The Institute of Fundraising has partnered with leadership coach Carla Miller to run a cohort of her Influence & Impact group coaching programme specifically for women in leadership roles.
Is this for you?
This programme is aimed at senior women in fundraising leadership roles, already operating at Head of Team or Director level who are looking to become brilliant at influencing senior stakeholders, would like to tackle self doubt for good and make even more impact at work.
Perhaps some of these challenges resonate with you?
- Worries about targets and your team cause you sleepless nights, with thoughts whirring around your head as you try to fall asleep, or worries and work problems keeping you wide awake at 2am
- You constantly feel pressured and rushed at work, juggling multiple tasks and other people’s needs and feeling like it is impossible to get it all done
- You regularly experience imposter syndrome even though no-one could tell that from watching you
- You feel like your inner critic, that negative voice in your head, is really loud. And then you proceed to beat yourself up for having such a loud inner critic!
- You want to develop your career further and want your CEO and Trustees to see you as credible at that next level of leadership
- You want to be taken seriously when you walk into a room of Trustees, donors or senior colleagues instead of being judged on your age or gender
- You know that you need to be better at navigating internal relationships and increasing understanding of fundraising to get your team what they need
- You want to be able to calmly and powerfully respond to challenging situations and people rather than react to them
- You set really high standards for yourself and can always see how you could have done things better
- Work feels personal and when it’s going wrong, or you receive negative feedback, it affects how you feel about yourself
These are the issues that many women in leadership roles raised during 1:1 coaching sessions with Carla and so she created a group coaching programme which combines skills development on these areas with coaching and the opportunity to contribute to and learn from a group of women leading in your sector.
“I would absolutely encourage everybody to sign up and join the Influence and Impact course. I have found it has given me a really good opportunity to assess my behaviours and how they come across to my team, colleagues and senior managers which has helped a lot. It really has been a personal development journey, which I am so grateful to have taken.
I have also realised how important it is to set aside time for myself, even just taking an hour and a half during my working week to partake in a call teaches me new skills and behaviours and resets my mood.
I have really enjoyed being part of a female only group, you feel safe and secure and it has been awesome to bounce ideas off each other, you feel really supported each other and by Carla.
The material covered in the course is brilliant, Carla is really good at explaining techniques. I have learnt a huge amount and have really relied on a lot of my learnings in the last few weeks of uncertainty.”
Vicky Harman, Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity
What will we cover?
1. Work on your Inner Leader
- Kick your worry habit for good
- Discover how to ditch perfectionism and overworking without dropping your standards
- Overcome imposter syndrome and self doubt
- Increase your self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Learn to manage your reactions and respond rather than react
- Build your resilience
- Think like a leader – the mindset shifts to take your performance to the next level
2. Increase your impact
- Develop your personal impact through presence including using your body language and voice
- Techniques for having more authority and gravitas in challenging situations
- Powerful communication tools such as a model for delivering feedback to senior stakeholders
- Communicating to senior stakeholders with confidence and credibility
- Uncovering your own authentic and powerful leadership brand and style
3. Advanced influencing skills
- Tools and techniques to influence peers, your CEO and Trustees in a way that feels natural
- Speaking the language of CEOs and Trustees and understanding their perspective
- Handling objections and negotiating
- Creating a true partnership with your line manager
- Influencing without authority
How is it delivered?
The 3 month virtual programme includes:
- 6 x 90 minute group coaching calls delivered via Zoom (see top of the page for dates and times)
- Online training modules you can watch at a time that is convenient for you
- A private Facebook group (optional)
Still need convincing?
Why not join the FREE WEBINAR Boost you Authority and be Brilliant at Influencing on 17 August with Carla?
There will be an opportunity to find out more about the programme and ask questions at the end of the webinar.
Want to convince your boss? Download the course summery here
£717 - IoF Individual Member
£797 - Non-Individual Member
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of two weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy Booking Terms and Conditions.
About your coach:
Carla Miller has been coaching fundraising leaders for the past 12 years and is the author of “Leading Successful Fundraising Teams”. Her background includes leading fundraising teams at charities including Samaritans, Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity, School-Home Support before becoming CEO of Tiny Tickers and then Managing Director of Charity People.
She loves to help talented, coachable and driven women to achieve their career goals and step into leadership roles within their organisation and her coaching style is described as inspiring, warm and insightful.
The techy bit
The course is being delivered via the online platform zoom. To enable you to interact with your tutor and your class you will need to have access to a microphone (or access to a landline phone) and ideally have a working video link via a camera. To test compatibility with your system, you can join a test meeting via this link https://zoom.us/test
The Chartered Institute of Fundraising (CIoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Controller.
When you sign up to the IoF Influence & Impact for Women in Leadership programme, we use the information you provide in the following ways:
· To administrate attendance to the course
· To gain follow-up feedback from you about the course you have attended – this may be sent by email after the course has taken place
· For analysis and research to help us improve our services, course management and to report on CIoF courses
· To keep a record of the courses you have attended with the IoF
· To process your payment
We will provide the trainer with your name, organisation, job title and email address to enable them to tailor the course content, manage attendance and to contact you by email with updates throughout the duration of the course.
Relying on legitimate interests, we will keep your first name, last name, job title, organisation and contact email address and details of the course title(s) and date(s) you attended for six years after your last interaction with the CIoF. This is so that we can provide you with confirmation of the courses you have undertaken.
Further details and contact information
IoF Academy team