Major Donor Fundraising (London) - February 2020
Date: Friday 28th Feb 2020
Venue: Eden Brown
4 Coleman Street
This one-day course is intended to provide an overview of major donor fundraising. It will cover the key principles of major donor fundraising and equip the participants with the appropriate tools to attract significant support from major donors while building long-term holistic relationships that will benefit their organisations for years to come.
By the end of this course you will learn:
- the key motivations behind major donors giving
- how to find and engage new major donors whilst complying with data protection regulation
- how to develop a donor solicitation plan and how to prioritise prospects
- how major donors choose a charity
- readiness for a major donor program
- how to develop a culture of philanthropy
- about preparing ‘case for support’ for major donors
- how to get trustees and existing donors' network to find more major gifts
- proven tips to get more meetings with major donors
- how to conquer the fear of asking & how to deal with rejections
- a six-step formula to make a successful face to face ASK
- the art of ‘thanking’ and doubling your donations
- tips to get major donors to say 'YES'
- how to utilise events to engage major donors
- how active empathic listening helps to raise more major gifts
- ways to unlock major giving potential through social media platforms
Who should attend
This course is for staff members, volunteers, or trustees with a minimum of one year of fundraising experience who wish to develop skills to raise money from major donors.
Ikhlaq Hussain is currently head of Philanthropy and Partnerships at Orphans In Need. Ikhlaq was included in Fundraising Magazine's Top "25 under 35" fundraisers list for 2018. Ikhlaq is fellow at the IoF and also teaches at Institute of Fundraising (South East & London) and he is the former trustee at Mind in Harrow.
Please note we are unable to offer payment by invoice any more. You can claim back fees from your employer, or they may be able to book your place for you on Eventbrite.
Sponsored by Eden Brown
As one of the first specialist Third Sector recruiters in London, Eden Brown have been supporting fundraisers and have worked in partnership with charities and not for profit clients for over 25 years. We are really proud to play a part in such a special sector and feel passionate about the contribution we make to our candidates careers and to the growth and development of our clients.
Over the years we have evolved into one of the leading recruitment specialists in the sector, our charities team has grown throughout the UK and we now have dedicated regional consultants in Yorkshire, North West and the Midlands. We recruit across all income streams, from officer level up to senior appointments, and have four specialist consultants in our London office who support income generation based roles, both temporary and permanent.
We are delighted to announce that we are offering an exclusive bursary for the Major Donor course. One free place will be available for each course date. If you would like to be considered for this then please use our online application form. All forms must be submitted one calendar month before the course that you would like to attend.
If you are a large charity and would like to provide the course for more than seven employees, we can come to your offices to provide training. Contact us for more details.
Fees for places booked more than 21 days before the event will be payable if the delegate attends or not, and places booked within 21 days of the event are not refundable under any circumstances.
Further details and contact information