Major Donor Masterclass: What Really Gets Results? With Rob Woods (5 & 6-May-20)
Date: Tuesday 5th to Wednesday 6th May 2020
Time: Day 1:
09:15 Registration and coffee
09:30 Course start
16:20 Course finish
09:30 Course start
16:20 Course finish
Venue: IoF Office
The very best fundraisers simply do things differently. Once you understand their tactics you too can generate outstanding results. This hands-on two day masterclass with award winning trainer and pitching coach Rob Woods will teach you the key strategies in fundraising: how to take action in spite of your fears; increase your confidence and get more meetings; make more asks and improve your relationships with your donors.
I used the techniques I learned on What Really Gets Results to double the number of memberships I sign up every month. These fundraising strategies are really powerful. - Sarah Jayne O'Neill, (Major Donor Manager, Stonewall)
Who should attend:
If you work in fundraising and job focuses on or includes working with major donors and trusts, you will benefit from the powerful techniques in this course.
Benefits to you and your organisation
This course will help you to develop your major donor fundraising skills which will improve your results. By ensuring you become more confident and more effective through your work with major donors you will raise more funds and inspire your colleagues and donors alike.
By the end of this course you will be able to improve:
- CONFIDENCE. Use the key to bullet proof confidence which helps you confidently ask wealthy people to give.
- DONOR MEETINGS. Secure more chances to meet wealthy donors and potential donors.
- PERSUASION. Understand Rob's Magic Formula for concisely saying the most persuasive things about any charity project.
- STRUCTURE. Effectively structure and manage meetings to influence donors.
- FOCUS. Spend more time on things that generate income.
- RAPPORT. Connect and build rapport with your donors.
- STORY POWER. Find, improve and make use of stories that influence donors.
- HOW TO ASK. Understand the three most common pitfalls of asking for a gift, and how to solve them.
Before going on What Really gets results, I hadn't booked any meetings with donors. Following the training - which was fantastic - I got on the phone and booked 10 meetings for the next two months. The meetings resulted in three Appeal pledges totalling £35,000 and two one-off gifts, worth £20,000...I absolutely recommend you go on his training. - Polly Bishop, (Major Gifts Officer, Christian Aid)
About your trainer:
Rob Woods, Director of Bright Spot Fundraising, is an award-winning trainer and the author of three books, including The Fundraiser Who Wanted More. He also blogs regularly, including on this own site - www.brightspotfundraising.co.uk.
He has spent 16 years in fundraising. Originally a major gifts fundraiser for the UK children’s charity the NSPCC, since becoming an independent trainer he has helped over eight thousand fundraisers, Directors and Trustees, with clients including CRUK, Oxford University, Save the Children and UNICEF. For the IoF Academy, he runs the Major Donor masterclass – what really gets results; Win that pitch, Presenting to influence and Writing to Influence.
IoF Ask the Expert video - Rob Woods: Focus is Power!
£445 IoF Individual members,
£510 IoF non- individual members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of 2 weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Controller.
When you sign up to an IoF one or two-day short course, we use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To administrate attendance to the course
- To gain follow-up feedback from you about the course you have attended – this will be sent by email after the course has taken place
- For analysis and research to help us improve our services and, event management and to report on IoF short courses
- To inform you about future short courses and IoF events which we believe will be of interest to you – you can object to this processing at any time
- To keep a record of the courses you have attended with the IoF
- To process your payment
We will provide trainers with your name, organisation and job title to enable them to tailor the course and manage attendance.
Relying on legitimate interests, we will keep your membership number (if applicable), first name, last name, job title, organisation and contact email address and details of the course title(s) and date(s) you attended for six years after your last interaction with the IoF. This is so that we can provide you with confirmation of the courses you have undertaken and to help us:
- Review the popularity of our courses
- Improve our services
- For budgeting and financial review.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 0207 840 1020