Strengthening your storytelling
Date: Thursday 20th Aug 2020
It is vital that charities adapt their storytelling in order to reflect the ever-changing situation they find themselves in. But social distancing restrictions, smaller budgets and short turn around times made this harder than ever before. This webinar will show you how to source and showcase stories that will stand out from the crowd as well as how to ensure your storytelling is inclusive.
11.00 Strengthening your storytelling
- How can you adapt quickly to the ever-changing situation to keep donors engaged and attract new ones?
- Where can you go to find new stories that will resonate in the short and medium term?
- Social distancing has made going out and getting new videos and images harder, how can you make use of what you’ve got now?
- What steps should you take to make sure your stories are diverse and inclusive?
Guest Talk: The Socio-Psychology of Storytelling - A Pandemic Perspective for Fundraisers
- Understanding the Polysemy of Pandemics and the rise of the Self-Protective Altruist
- Decoupling Pandemic Complexity
- Emancipating your Causes
Dr Haseeb Shabbir, University of Hull and Institute of Fundraising.
IoF Individual member
IoF Organisational member
The Chartered Institute of Fundraising (CIoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Data Controller.
We are using Zoom to enable both live and on demand webinars.
The personal information you provide to join a Zoom meeting will be stored in the US under the US Privacy Shield. Zoom operate in compliance with GDPR. You can view their privacy information at www.zoom.us
Zoom and the CIoF will only use the personal data provided by you in a Zoom meeting to manage the meeting/networking session and your individual rights.
If you are watching a live webinar and dependent on the webinar settings used by the host, other participants will be able to see the user name you provide, questions you ask and your image if you choose to use video. In all cases, the panellists and hosts will be able to see user names.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 020 7840 1040