The Essential Wisdoms of Direct Marketing Fundraising - a Masterclass with Stephen Pidgeon (17-May-19)
Date: Friday 17th May 2019
Time: 09:00: Registration and coffee
09:15: Course Start
17:00: Course Finish
Venue: IoF Office
Direct marketing still generates the vast majority of a charity’s consumer income. And with the opportunities given by new media, even small charities with little resources can still raise money. But it will look in some depth at the growing importance of multi-channel marketing (both off-line and on-line) to improve the supporter experience.
- Fundraisers in charities looking to start a consumer fundraising programme
- Fundraisers who are new to direct marketing fundraising and joining an established team
- Fundraisers with small budgets which mean they have to do everything themselves
- Understand why people give, what influences them and how to please them so they continue to give
- Know how to recruit new supporters through three key media – mail, face-to-face and web
- Understand the key fundraising products to get you started
- Know how to get your consumer message right, talking about the impact of your work rather than your work, and expressing this in simple, emotional ways that will motivate people to respond
- Understand the differences between writing GREAT fundraising copy and English GCSE, A level or degree
- Plan your welcome process for new supporters and a simple contact plan
- Be aware of the production challenges of Direct Marketing and know roughly what costs what and how you get it
- Understand the pivotal role of data and data analysis
The course was very interesting, full of useful nuggets of information which were at the correct level for the group in attendance. I have already started to use the learning in my day to day role, making simple changes which have a significant impact to our fundraising. Nigel Gorvett, Marie Curie
About your trainer:
Stephen Pidgeon FinstF is one of the world’s leading consultants and public speakers on direct response marketing and fundraising for non-profit organisations. For twenty years he founded and ran Tangible/Brightsource (formerly Target Direct) the leading company providing specialist fundraising services to the sector. Since selling the agency, he has taken his extensive fundraising experience abroad and now delivers strategic and creative support to charities in Norway, Denmark, Ireland, the US, Canada and New Zealand as well as the UK. Stephen is a Fellow of the Institute of Fundraising and was recognised in 2015 with the prestigious Lifetime Contribution Award. He is currently Visiting Professor of Direct Response Fundraising at University of Plymouth and a trustee of development agency VSO.
£365 IoF individual members
£425 non-individual members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of 2 weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Controller.
When you sign up to an IoF one or two-day short course, we use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To administrate attendance to the course
- To gain follow-up feedback from you about the course you have attended – this will be sent by email after the course has taken place
- For analysis and research to help us improve our services and, event management and to report on IoF short courses
- To inform you about future short courses and IoF events which we believe will be of interest to you – you can object to this processing at any time
- To keep a record of the courses you have attended with the IoF
- To process your payment
We will provide trainers with your name, organisation and job title to enable them to tailor the course and manage attendance.
Relying on legitimate interests, we will keep your membership number (if applicable), first name, last name, job title, organisation and contact email address and details of the course title(s) and date(s) you attended for six years after your last interaction with the IoF. This is so that we can provide you with confirmation of the courses you have undertaken and to help us:
- Review the popularity of our courses
- Improve our services
- For budgeting and financial review.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 0207 840 1020