*LIVE VIRTUAL COURSE* Developing a Legacy Strategy (Management Level) (15-Oct-20)
Date: Thursday 15th Oct 2020
Time: 09:45 Login and test equipment
10:00 Course start
16:30 Course finish
This inspiring one day course will enable you to prepare and fulfil a detailed legacy strategy, enable you to develop meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and provide you with a cultivation and stewardship programme.
Leading a legacy campaign involves understanding the research priorities, developing focused and inspirational legacy messages and developing clear and challenging objectives for each prospect segment. This course focuses on strategy, KPIs and how to lead and run a successful programme.
So thorough, full of invaluable information and tailored advice to the types of organisations that were within the group. A thoroughly enjoyable, educational and thought-provoking session led by a true expert in the field. - Chiara Algaia - The Open Door Edinburgh
Who should attend:
This course is designed for experienced fundraisers who are involved in the legacy marketing and need to develop a new legacy strategy and develop focused legacy materials. It is suitable for dedicated legacy fundraisers and for those whose job includes other responsibilities.
Benefits you and your organisation:
If your charity is considering investing in legacies then this course will give you a detailed strategy which is as evidence based as possible with a really focused range of objectives and detailed communications programme. The course will suggest investment priorities as well as how to integrate legacies.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Prepare and develop an effective legacy fundraising strategy
- Research the legacy marketplace and identify threats and opportunities
- Understand the motivations for people leaving legacies
- Develop key communication objectives to generate improved results
- Cascade legacy activities effectively throughout your charity
- Develop and/or improve your stewardship programme
- Establish the most realistic Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measure your success
- Prepare and manage a prudent and cost effective budget
What's covered on this course:
- Research: statistics and the marketplace, past legacies, attitudes and motivations for legacy giving
- Legacy communications: developing a legacy vision, messages relevant to different generations, focusing unique messages in each medium
- Strategy development: objective setting, target audiences, methods of communication
- Cultivation and stewardship: maintaining contact/upgrading with pledgers and enquirers
- Evaluation: setting activity driven KPIs
*You can bring any legacy materials with you for evaluation by the tutor and other delegates.
£190 IoF individual members
£245 Non-IoF Individual members
If you require an invoice please ensure you book your place a minimum of two weeks before the start date of your course.
IoF Academy One and Two Day Open Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
About Your Trainer:
Richard Radcliffe FInstF(Cert) is a facilitator with over 30 years fundraising experience, who is regularly rated as one of the top speakers at our National Convention. He has 30years’ experience in the voluntary sector, specialising in legacies for 20 years, including being executive chairman of Smee and Ford – the only company to specialise purely in legacy research and fundraising worldwide, and who read over 1,000 wills a day. Richard has also been Treasurer and a trustee of the Institute of Fundraising, has chaired the UK Fundraising Convention, and was recently Chairman of the International Fundraising Congress (the largest fundraising congress in the world outside America). He advises every type of cause and charity small medium large and multinational.
The techy bit
The course is being delivered via the online platform zoom. To enable you to interact with your tutor and your class you will need to have access to a microphone (or access to a landline phone) and ideally have a working video link via a camera. To test compatibility with your system, you can join a test meeting via this link https://zoom.us/test
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) of Charter House, 13-15 Carteret Street, London SW1H 9DJ is the Controller.
We are working with Zoom (processor) to enable us to deliver webinars and online learning. To access the course, you will need to register with Zoom, giving your name and email address. This personal data will be collected by Zoom and stored under the US Privacy Shield outside of the EEA.
You will also be able to manage cookies preferences.
For more information on how Zoom use and protect your data see:
The Institute of Fundraising will use the information you provide to monitor delegate attendance and may contact you by email for feedback about the webinar/online learning.
When you sign up to an IoF one or two-day short course, we use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To administrate attendance to the course
- To gain follow-up feedback from you about the course you have attended – this will be sent by email after the course has taken place
- For analysis and research to help us improve our services and, event management and to report on IoF short courses
- To inform you about future short courses and IoF events which we believe will be of interest to you – you can object to this processing at any time
- To keep a record of the courses you have attended with the IoF
- To process your payment
We will provide trainers with your name, organisation and job title to enable them to tailor the course and manage attendance.
Relying on legitimate interests, we will keep your membership number (if applicable), first name, last name, job title, organisation and contact email address and details of the course title(s) and date(s) you attended for six years after your last interaction with the IoF. This is so that we can provide you with confirmation of the courses you have undertaken and to help us:
- Review the popularity of our courses
- Improve our services
- For budgeting and financial review.
Further details and contact information
Telephone: 0207 840 1020