Code of Behaviour
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) is committed to providing a welcoming and safe environment for everyone involved in Institute events or training and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form.
The Code of Behaviour applies to anyone who engages with the IoF including, but not limited to, attendance at any events, training courses, National, Regional and Special Interest Group activities and social media interactions.
Action will be taken against anyone who does not adhere to this code of behaviour, regardless of their membership status with the Institute, under the Institute’s complaints procedures which can be found on our website.
Behaviours that will not be tolerated by the IoF include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive or discriminatory actions or comments related to a person’s gender, race, sexual orientation, disability, appearance or other aspects of identity or protected characteristic
- Sexual harassment such as verbal innuendo and sexual comments, sexual jokes and stories, displaying pictures or sending emails containing sexual content, making sexual gestures, asking for sexual favours
- Physical contact without consent or patterns of inappropriate social contact
- Threats or incitements of violence against anybody
- Stalking or deliberate intimidation, including continued one to one communication after a request to cease
- Publication of confidential or sensitive communication
- Unwelcome comments regarding another person’s lifestyle choices or practices.
Participants asked to cease any inappropriate behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
Reporting of inappropriate behaviour
If you experience harassment or discrimination of any form whilst participating in any Institute event or activity, or if you are made aware that someone else may be affected by inappropriate behaviour, you should contact the Institute.
Reports of inappropriate behaviour can be made onsite at any event, by contacting an Institute staff member (or volunteer), or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All reports will be treated in confidence and investigated in accordance with the IoF disciplinary and complaints procedures.