The Major Donor Special Interest Group are pleased to offer a number of bursaries throughout the year for training and devlopment opportunities. These are intended to support fundraisers for whom Major Donor fundraising forms either the whole, or the majority of their role, and for whom their organisation is unable to provide budget for such opportunities.
New opportunities will be added throughout the year, and will be advertised through our email forum, LinkedIn group, and Twitter. If you have any questions about our bursary programme please contact us at MajorDonor@institute-of-fundraising.org.uk
The Major Donor Special Interest Group are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to master the art of public speaking!
As Major Donor fundraisers we are often called upon to speak publically to a wide range of audiences, often in the most unusual of circumstances and with little warning! This full-day, confidence building, public speaking excellence workshop is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to develop this important skill.
The workshop, held on Friday 7 September, will enable you to:
- understand how your thoughts about public speaking are influencing your feelings – and how you can change these to become much more positive
- learn the secrets of ‘The System’ – the fail-safe process that guarantees success when you follow it
- incorporate non-verbal communication patterns into your presentation
- master the art of story-telling – and understand how vital this is to your speech.
The workshop is run by Paul Cartwright, an award-winning public speaker himself, who regularly speaks at conferences, workshops and private events. As a practicing Major Donor fundraiser, Paul is the perfect person to guide you through the process of becoming an excellent public speaker, with a focus on fundraising throughout.
- The workshop will take place on Friday 7 September in London.
- Applicants must work in a role with at least 50% focus on major donor fundraising.
- Recipients of other MDSIG bursaries in 2018 are ineligible to receive additional bursaries until 2019.
- Closing date for applications: Friday 17 August at 12 noon.
If you have any questions about any opportunities please contact us at this address: MajorDonor@institute-of-fundraising.org.uk
Only one Bursary can be awarded per person in a calendar year.
You can view previous bursaries that the MDSIG has offered on the Library page.