Who We Are
The Major Donor Special Interest Group
The Major Donor Special Interest Group exists to support Major Donor fundraisers across the sector. We provide a series of events throughout the year that offer both networking and professional development opportunities, we run an informal mentoring service - matching early career fundraisers with a more experienced peer, we manage the MDSIG discussion forum - providing access to thousands of fundraisers and all of their collective expertise at just the click of a button, and we offer a series of bursaries to support the development of Major Donor fundraisers working at organisations that are unable to fund training opportunities.
The MDSIG is run by a committee of volunteers who are all working in Major Donor fundraising. We meet several times a year and representatives from the committee are in attendance at every event that we run. If you don't catch us in person you can email us at MajorDonor@institute-of-fundraising.org.uk
Meet The Team
- Angie Turner, Chair - Head of Major Donor at The Children's Trust
- Amy Sweeting, Vice Chair - Head of Major Gifts at Missing People
- Julia Czastka, Treasurer - Major Donor Partnerships Manager at Concern Worldwide
- Betsy Waalen, Web Moderation, Membership & Diversity
- Martin Miller, Events
- Emily Legg, Marketing - Head of Development at Ovarian Cancer Action
- Andrew Fordham, Bursaries - Philanthropy Manager at Alzheimer's Society
- Katherine Bates, Secretary - Partnerships Manager, Fight for Peace
Sponsored by TPP Recruitment, a specialist recruitment consultancy for not profit organisations, education and health and social care providers.
The Major Donor team is looking for new members. If you have a passion for helping fundraisers and a drive to contribute to the wider charity sector, join our ambitious team of volunteers! We are currently looking to fill two roles on committee:
• is responsible for organising the committee meetings, recording the minutes and related action points
• is responsible for convening the AGM – sending out a written notice (either hard copy, in the form of an email or posting on an E-board) to all participants signed up to the Group’s list at least 28 days in advance – and all matters relating to the AGM including the election and re-election of the committee members and recording the minutes and related action points
We set up the Group’s mentoring programme in March 2017 and have been inundated with requests from mentees. We now need someone to drive this programme forwards and recruit more mentors with a variety of skills, experience and expertise to offer their advice and guidance to help others develop their careers within major donor fundraising
Marketing and web moderation:
This role will co-manage our marketing and communications, website and social media. Responsibilities will include managing our Twitter account and website, promoting the Group’s events and activities through our website, LinkedIn, Twitter and other and setting up a Blog for the group, recruiting guest bloggers and ensuring a minimum of one blog post a month.