IoF Fundraising Review: Putting Donors First
21 September 2015
Institute of Fundraising Standards Committee Review of the Code of Fundraising Practice
Measures unveiled 21 September include:
- Every addressed fundraising communication will be required to carry a clear message explaining how donors can easily ‘opt-out’ of receiving future communications
- Minimum font sizes will be introduced for opt-in and opt-out statements on all printed communication (including newspaper adverts)
- Charities will be banned from selling any individual’s data to a third party
- Charities will only be able to share an individual’s data with third parties for fundraising communications if that individual has ‘opted in’ and provided express consent
- A new clear requirement will be introduced to ensure fundraisers end a telephone call when asked
- All fundraising calls from agencies and call centres will have to be made from an identifiable number
- The current grey area around ‘reasonable persuasion’ in the Code will be replaced with a clear requirement prohibiting intrusive or persistent behaviour that places undue pressure on a person to donate.
Your download should start automatically. If not download directly.
How can I open this file ?
Adobe Reader (formerly Acrobat Reader) is available as a no-charge download from Adobe's web site, and allows the viewing and printing of PDF files. Acrobat and Reader are widely used as a way to present information with a fixed layout similar to a paper dboation.