IoF West Midlands Conference 'Inspires' Attendees
13 October 2015
This year's Insititute of Fundraising West Midlands Conference had a record-breaking 114 delegates in attendance, with attendees saying they found the event 'inspiring'.
The Conference took place on Thursday 1 October at the MAC, Birmingham, and featured three tracks throughout the day to provide a wide variety of choice to delegates. Speakers included Elizabeth Loundon, who discussed how to write copy with impact, and Rob Woods, who delivered a session based around the 'five laws of fundraising success' outlined in his book, The Fundraiser Who Wanted More.
In the opening plenary, Luke Mallett (Head of Community Fundraising at British Heart Foundation) looked at the changing face of fundraising and shared his team's plans to raise an additional £5 million from community fundraising in the next five years. Dorothy Wilson, from MAC, then told the delegates about her experiences of fundraising while rennovating the venue, which is now more successful than ever. She was followed by Tom Ellis from Harlequin Software (one of the sponsors of the event) who explained the benefits of their personalised systems.
Delegates then moved into their sessions for the rest of the day, and had the option of attending a lunchtime presentation by Ellen Drummond from TPP Recruitment on developing your career.
The day was a huge success, with overwhelmingly positive feedback received on the venue and sessions.
Some of the comments included:
- 'Excellent set of info'
- 'Helped give a framework to develop fundraising strategy and some simple, practical tips that can be immediately applied'
- 'I've learned more about how to be a better fundraiser, which will benefit me enormously'
- 'As a very new fundraiser this gave me the opportunity to chat with others about how they get on and achieve results'
- 'An opportunity to reflect and network!'
- 'The day has given me some excellent knowledge, skills, sign posting and the confidence to find out more'
- 'Inspires me to keep fundraising'
The IoF West Midlands committee would like to thank all of the speakers, the MAC and everyone who attended.